Handwriting & Written Expression
Our private services for handwriting utilizes Handwriting Without Tears instructional programming and assessment tools. Handwriting can be drudgery for students with writing difficulties. We create fun, engaging and multisensory handwriting lessons to meet the needs of individual students. We incorporate music, movement, and imagination into our daily lessons. Handwriting instruction is geared for students in grades K – 5. Cursive writing instruction is available for older elementary students.
2. Written Expression
Does your child need help with sentence fluency, content, organization, voice, conventions, revising or editing? Our private services for written expression are tailored to meet individual student needs.
Our instructional planning begins by reviewing current student writing samples. Next, students are given two written expression assessments. The assessments and writing samples are used to help inform instruction. Lastly, students are involved in making realistic learning goals that they will work to achieve.
3. Private Instruction Includes
- Direct 1:1 instruction 2 – 4 times per week
- Customized lessons and pacing to help students progress as quickly as they can
- Logical instruction that is fun and engaging
- Partnership with parents so you can support your child’s learning at home
- Coaching and resources on accommodations and support at school
- Regular progress monitoring
- 50 minute sessions